Hello Friends !
I am soooo excited to be here with you ! I have some exciting news !
So guess who is teaming up with Silhouette America to bring you wonderful holiday DIY’s and crafts you can make at home ?!?
That’s right… You guessed it… ME !!!
I am OVER THE MOON EXCITED about this amazing opportunity !
Being that I use Silhouette America products for the a lot of my crafting, this opportunity was right up my ally !
Silhouette products are not only chic and easy to use, but they are so efficient ! I have 3 of the crafting machines that Silhouette America makes and I’ll be bringing you tutorials throughout the holiday season that you can easily do yourself to create awesome and gorgeous holiday décor
SO STAY TUNED !!
I told you things were about to get really good around here !
Speaking of the holiday’s,
Can you believe its only 7 more weeks until Christmas ?!?
I am in the process of putting up our Christmas tree ! Yes I know it’s the beginning of November, but as a blogger, it is my civic duty to bring you ideas and inspiration early so that you can make your own pretty stuff ! That being said, I am bringing you a super easy tutorial today that you can use for Thanksgiving and Christmas !
I am in love with touches of rustic décor ! Add a little glam to it and there you have my style ! I love birch wood ! My plan this year for Christmas is to use lots of textures and more personal touches in our Christmas décor. My son is graduating from high school in 2016, so I’m feeling all sentimental and sappy and wanting to make more meaningful stuff ! I created these place cards for our Thanksgiving table and they can easily be repurposed to an ornament you can put on the tree for Christmas . I have placed each member of our family’s monogram on a birch wood coaster and made a place card out of it.
Here is what you’ll need to make your own:
- Birch wood coasters – I purchased mine from Joanne’s Fabric
- Black acrylic paint or Black Chalkboard Paint – I used Martha Stewart’s brand
- A paint or foam brush
- Ribbon in the color and pattern of your choice
- White Adhesive Vinyl – OOPS I forgot the photo !
- Silhouette Cameo – Pictured above
- Paint the front part of your coaster black. There are two separate color rings on the wood. Use these as a guide for your border.
- Allow the paint to fully dry about 10 minutes
- Make a monogram using your Silhouette Cameo or you can make one using a chalk marker
- Use transfer tape to place your monogram directly on your wooden coaster
- Slide the ribbon color of your choice through the hole in the center of the coaster
- Tie around your napkin if you choose or you may place it directly on your plate
So there you have it ! I told you that it was simple and easy AND you get two accessories in one ! A coaster and a Christmas tree ornament. Oh and you can give them away as gifts too ! The possibilities are endless !
If you don’t have a Silhouette Cameo yet, don’t worry ! Silhouette will be offering some fabulous deals for black Friday ! I’ll be updating you as soon as I know what the deets are !
Until then, I hope that you’re able to make this lovely place card for your Thanksgiving table !