Hello Friends !
So it finally feels like it’s supposed to feel around here… 50 degree weather !! Yesss and thank you !!
It’s a Perfect day for me to make homemade chili !
On cold days, I love to make some type of homemade soup. It’s the ultimate comfort food !! I love comfort food, don’t you ? It just says get a big ole bowl of me and be comfortable ha!
My girl Jasmine loves soup. I mean she will eat soup, any kind of soup, ALL year long ! It doesn’t matter to her whether its 90 degrees outside or not, she’ll still want soup. So she’s the one that kinda inspired this chili recipe. I love to see their faces when I make something they love ! It warms this momma’s heart ! I have a family of 5 so I tend to make a nice size pot. I also take it a step further and make a chili bar of fixins and have homemade cornbread as well.
I created a recipe card for you below and this one pot meal is super simple ! I tend to use ground chuck in my chili, but you are more than welcome to use whatever type of ground meat you like. I have made this with Italian sausage and ground turkey and it put a different spin on it, but was equally as good !
Once you brown your meat, cook your onions, peppers and garlic, you just place everything in a big pot or your crock pot and let it cook covered for at least 30 min. Longer is in the crockpot. The longer you cook it. as with most things, all the flavors will mesh together and the better it will be !
I’d love to know how this turned out for you and what variations and different spins you put on this recipe !
Chat with you soon
- 1lb ground chuck
- 2 - 16oz cans of whole tomatoes ( I used Hunts )
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red pepper, 1 orange pepper, 1 yellow pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBL chili powder
- 1 TBS flour
- I TBS ground cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Brown ground beef in a large Dutch oven. Salt with 2 TBL sea salt. Cook until no longer pink
- Remove grown beef and set aside in a bowl
- Pour 1 TBL of olive oil in Dutch oven and cook onion, peppers and garlic until translucent
- Place ground beef back into the pot along with veggies
- Take all dried seasonings and combine them in a bowl
- Place them in the grown beef mixture and mix well
- Open both cans of tomatoes and stir them in beef mixture
- Crush tomatoes with a wooden spoon
- Let chili simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes
- Serve with tomatoes. shredded cheese, sour cream and scallions
- Make Chili night a little more fun by making a chili bar with different sides. Don't forget the homemade cornbread !