Top of the morning to you Friends!
I wanted to share a quick and healthy recipe with you today. I love Greek yogurt! It is one of my go to snacks! Greek yogurt has some health benefits as well such as it is very rich in probiotics & high in protein. So if you’re trying to get rid of that slightly unwanted belly ( Like Myself ) then Greek yogurt is the way to go.
This recipe also has strawberries but you could use any type of fruit you wanted. Strawberries are just what I had on hand. Along side strawberries are my faves, chia seeds. Below I have listed some of the health benefits of strawberries.
Strawberry Health Benefits
– Fights degenerative diseases
– Fights cancer
– Boost immunity against illness and disease
– Regulates blood pressure
– Stress Reducer
– Promotes losing weight and burning excess fat
– Prevents memory decline
– Maintains eye health
– Keeps skin healthy
– Promotes bone health
– Maintains healthy teeth
– Boost fiber levels to help with digestion
Chia seeds I tend to put on everything! Chia seeds are a whole grain edible seed that comes from a desert plant grown in Mexico. Consumption of chia seeds date back to Mayan and Aztec culture where they were used because of their natural ability to boost energy. The unprocessed seed can be absorbed by the body in seed form (unlike flax seeds that needs to be ground) which makes it easy to add to food. Chia seeds contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and carbohydrates.
Below I have listed the recipe for my healthy Greek yogurt bowl:
– Your choice of Greek yogurt – Here I used Chobani Strawberry but normally I just use vanilla
– Strawberries or your choice of fruit
– Granola pieces – Here I used Honey Bunches of Oats
– A handful of Chia seeds – You can find these at any health food store or your local HomeGoods or TJ Maxx in the gourmet food section ( who knew right ?!? )
Mix all these ingredients together and enjoy!
Greek yogurt tends to be a little tangy, so if your yogurt bowl isn’t sweet to your liking, feel free to drizzle a little honey to your bowl. It will do the trick.
You can enjoy this bowl any time of the day whether in the morning for breakfast or for a midday snack. This healthy Greek yogurt bowl is sure to give you the extra boost of energy that you need!
Until next time Friends